invisibobble. The Traceless Hair Ring

invisibobble: the traceless hair ring (£3.75 per pack) | available from Boots, Topshop & Urban Outfitters

Hair bands, ties and bobbles. Granted they are probably not the most exciting of beauty products to discuss but let’s face it, pretty much every girl will use them and they are always a must-have to keep in your makeup bag, on your vanity table or buried deep at the bottom of your gym bag. When I first saw the craze of the invisibobble burst onto the hair-trend scene I definitely did not get it. Colourful bands slightly reminiscent of phone cord wire baffled me and I fiercely clung onto my old school elastic hair ties.

Fast forward a month or so and having actually tried out these magic little hair rings I can hold my hands up and say “I am converted”! The invisibobble isn’t the most glamorous of looking hair tools but functionality-wise they are just awesome! So what makes them so good? The list of positives is almost as long as Rapunzel’s locks but I will try and summarise why I am reaching for an invisibobble every morning, after the shower and on my way to my favourite exercise class.

You know that age old hair problem – your hairband is just too loose when wrapped round twice but too tight after three twists?! Cue endlessly having to re-tie your hair up or having to suffer from those hairband headaches! Due to the invisibobble’s unique design it wraps evenly and securely around the hair, never feeling too tight or too loose, and can be used for simple ponytails, chignons or top knots – whatever takes your fancy. The other major plus with the invisibobble is that it doesn’t rub, ruin, snag or kink your hair as your wear it which is perfect for when you want to shake down your ponytail after a long day to head out for a fancy night out. The flexible, soft and smooth plastic coil sits gently in your hair and is removed leaving absolutely no trace. Another reason why these hair tools work so well for me is the fact you can sleep in them without fearing any snags or tangles. I try not to ever tie my hair up when it is wet, as a soggy hairband can damage and kink my hair and I always end up regretting it in the morning, but with the invisibobble I feel less guilty bundling my hair up after a shower. It also has swiftly become my new workout buddy as it keeps my hair in place when pounding on the treadmill and doesn’t get soggy after that swimming session.

Whether you opt for natural and inconspicuous with the clear, brown or black bobbles or go bright and festival-fun with a more daring shade, the invisibobble is the ultimate hair accessory of the moment and is ideal for all hair types and lengths. Are you a fan of this latest hair craze?

1. 14th May 2015 / 2:13 pm

Some of them are so bright though, surely not invisible?!

2. 14th May 2015 / 3:27 pm

I love these – I have 3 of the clear ones and they really don't kink my hair at all! And yes, no soggy hair band when you get out of the shower they're definitely a winner!

Lily xx http://beautyscreen.blogspot.co.uk/

3. 14th May 2015 / 3:43 pm

I've recently been using the black ones for work where I have to wear my hair in a bun and they are lifesavers! They feel so comfortable and don't pull on my hair, I'm never going back to normal bobbles!

Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

4. 14th May 2015 / 3:57 pm

I got a few of these in some beauty boxes but in all honesty I wasn't sold either, I have yet to use them. After this post I think i'm ready to see what the fuss is about ๐Ÿ˜€

5. 14th May 2015 / 4:05 pm

I'm such a big fan of these – they're so versatile too. I love to use a couple with a bun ring and create a neat bun look without any grips.

6. 14th May 2015 / 6:09 pm

I was the same, I thought…what the hell are those! But I love mine and want one in every colour!
    sophielfarrell

7. 14th May 2015 / 8:20 pm

I have really thick/long hair, found they didn't work at all- just tangled up ๐Ÿ™

8. 14th May 2015 / 8:24 pm

I love these! I won a pack of the clear ones a while ago in a giveaway and haven't used anything else since. My hairbands would always snap as my hair is quite thick but these work so well. ๐Ÿ™‚
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

9. 14th May 2015 / 8:38 pm

I have seen these and always been intrigued they sound amazing x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

10. 15th May 2015 / 8:11 am

I just wrote a โ€˜battle of the bandsโ€™ post and featured these. I found they lost their shape and really pulled on my hair when it came to removing them. Not a massive fan.

11. 15th May 2015 / 9:11 am

I got these bobbles about 6 years ago from Japan and have used them ever since. I find they can hold all of my hair in a top knot for the whole day (and I have lots of hair). Love this little collection you have! xo

jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

12. 15th May 2015 / 1:48 pm

I have these and just love them. My hair is in a much better condition. I like to use them while I'm at home and working out. But I slowly started using them everywhere I go.

hushhush990.blogspot.com

13. 15th May 2015 / 5:02 pm

Grr, how I wish I hadn't cut my hair so short! The moment it starts to grow I shall deffo be trying these out! x

14. 16th May 2015 / 3:51 am

I need to get them. this will be so useful to me as I am a nurse and sometimes I finish a shift and I want to rock my hair and I can't because when I remove the pony tail it is a mess and the hair tie leaves traces. I should definitely try these ones xx

15. 22nd May 2015 / 11:56 pm

Yes I've been using these sorts of hair ties for years. I originally picked them up in a cheap little store in China Town. They actually do a surprisingly good job of holding the hair securely.

16. 23rd May 2015 / 6:56 pm

The first time I saw these little thingies, I was confused and not fazed by them at all. But now what you explained a bit about them, they don't look so unappealing to me anymore, haha. Maybe worth a try! ๐Ÿ™‚

-L | The Nerdy Me