Tom Ford Vanilla Suede Lipstick

IMG_1107IMG_1130
When I acquired Tom Ford’s Nude Vanille lipstick a few years ago I didn’t think there was any room in my collection for a lipstick much paler than this. I was wrong. Tom Ford has given us a shade that is even cooler, even paler and a tad frosty for the ultimate nude lip. A pale beige with an ethereal, luminous quality.

Tom Ford’s Vanilla Suede lip colour, available from Selfridges (£37), is possibly one of the palest lipsticks I own and it is only down to its sheer, light finish on the lips that saves it from being a total no no and a one way ticket to washed-out, ghost lips. Beige-tinged with a slight golden-pink shimmer, it is actually a very wearable colour whether you choose to lightly patted it on bare lips or to layered it over a brighter, matte shade to give your lipstick a luminous finish. As opposed to the majority of Tom Ford lipsticks which have a creamy, satin formula, Vanilla Suede contains micro-shimmer which brightens up your complexion and adds a radiant, glowing dimension to the lips. Despite the shimmer the consistency still has that notable smoothness that make TF lipsticks so attractive and glides on beautifully without pulling or dragging the skin. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but for a cool-toned nude lipstick that delivers a soft wash of colour then this is perfect. Plus you cannot deny the beauty of that alluring Tom Ford packaging!

1. 9th March 2015 / 10:41 pm

This looks lovely on you but I'm not sure whether I could pull it off! I'm definitely intrigued so I think I may need to make a trip to my local Tom Ford counter!

2. 9th March 2015 / 10:50 pm

I think this could be a case of marmite!!!! the colour that some will love, and others will loath, I personally would be willing to give it a go 😀

3. 9th March 2015 / 11:17 pm

I love me some Tom Ford, but there is no way I could pull this paleness off. I admire people who can, but I just look so strange!!

4. 10th March 2015 / 12:02 am

This is such a beautiful lipstick! Owning anything from Tom Ford is on my bucket list, but I would probably go for a darker shade. I really don't think I could pull this color off, but anyone who can should definitely rock it! 🙂

-Jessica

5. 10th March 2015 / 6:11 am

I could not get away with wearing this shade. Far too pale for me, but looks great on you xo

jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

6. 10th March 2015 / 10:02 am

my first impression was like "no! Way too pale!" but I guess layering it as a top coat could work quite well. I'm super pale but even I can't imagine wearing this as a stand alone

7. 10th March 2015 / 11:56 am

Tom Ford's packaging is just amazing! Sooooo luxurious! And that shade is gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

8. 10th March 2015 / 3:40 pm

This is such a gorgeous shade, but one that I could never pull off x

pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

9. 11th March 2015 / 9:05 am

I Like your blog very much! I found your posts very interesting! And also I like your beautiful photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!

Diana Cloudlet

10. 11th March 2015 / 11:30 pm

I've not put this down since I got it, its just so pretty. Plus I love the finish, so girly.

Annabel ♥