Fleur de Force The Glam Guide

2015 will be known as the year that some of the biggest YouTube sensations switched off their cameras (momentarily) and put pen to paper. The end of last year and the start of this year saw the success of Zoe’s ‘Girl Online’ novel continue to surge followed by the release of Tanya Burr’s ‘Love, Tanya’ book. I think it is such an exciting venture for these ladies and a real showcase of how far YouTube, blogging and social media in general has come with Zoe’s book being the fastest selling book of 2014 – crazy!

When I first began my blog over five years ago one of the very first online beauty gurus I discovered was Fleur de Force. This lady needs no introduction from myself as I am sure you all know her so when I heard she was bringing out the ultimate beauty manual I was absolutely thrilled for Fleur. The Glam Guide is a complete guide to all things makeup, fashion, hair, health and more. Not only is it a complete coffee table pleaser with the pretty pastel cover and incredible illustrations by Sally Cotterill but it is a wonderful read and I love how it covers so many topics so would really appeal to a range of Fleur’s fans from teenagers to those thirty-somethings. Just by flicking through The Glam Guide you get a real personal feel and I adore Fleur’s real life snippets and genuine passion and understanding as she touches on her relationship with Mike, achieving life goals, growing her YouTube, keeping fit and most important, finding that perfect pair of jeans! Tips, tricks, beauty secrets and lifestyle discoveries are all here as well as a great food section (I’ve bookmarked those smoothie recipes) and a few little appearances from our fluffy friend, Piglet the miniature Dachshund.

I felt incredibly proud and happy for Fleur as I began reading her book and I have no doubt it will be another huge success and accolade for her. It is the perfect light read to indulge in on a rainy afternoon snuggled down with plenty of tea and some guilt-free chocolate banana bread (see page 166, it sounds truly amazing!) I’d love to hear from you if you have picked up a copy of Fleur’s The Glam Guide. Which section is your favourite?

1. 20th February 2015 / 2:04 pm

Fleur's Youtube channel was one of the first I discovered when I stumbled across the youtube/blogging world.

As much as I enjoy Zoella's, Tanya Burr's etc channels/blogs – I didnt think their books would be for me.

However there's been something about Fleur's that has stuck out to me & I'm actually quite tempted to purchase it!

Thanks for writing this – it definitely gave a good insite into how good this book seems to be 🙂

xx

2. 20th February 2015 / 2:21 pm

Good for her! I think this looks like a really good read, very informative with just the right amount of illustration. I will definitely be getting onto Amazon to order now.

Caroline

3. 20th February 2015 / 4:00 pm

It's a great book – my favourite is the fashion section (:
    ABlogByPhilippa

4. 20th February 2015 / 5:35 pm

The illustrations in this book are so beautiful!! I really want to read it but am worried it will be just like the Tanya Burr one. I am hoping not though. And looking forward to seeing some piglet pictures xo

jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

5. 20th February 2015 / 5:55 pm

I'm so excited for all these books! It's almost like we can have some of each Youtuber in each enviroment…if that makes sense!

Lots of Love, Lottie ♥
    Lifestyle blog to make you smile 🙂

6. 20th February 2015 / 8:27 pm

This is one of the first blogger books i've been really tempted to buy. It looks lovely. I think i'll definitely be picking up a copy!

Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

7. 20th February 2015 / 9:53 pm

Ive got Fleurs book, absolutely love her and have been watching her channel for years. i was so excited when i got the chance to meet her and have her sign it at Milton Keynes Waterstones. Still having big fan girl smiles about it 😀

8. 21st February 2015 / 1:57 am

This looks like a wonderful book.

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

9. 21st February 2015 / 9:39 am

I bought this the other day too, just by flicking through the pictures and illustrations are so lovely

April | Lilly And Me | My Youtube

10. 21st February 2015 / 6:22 pm

I love Fleur, she seems like such a lovely, genuine, down-to-earth girl. I can't wait for my copy of her book to arrive xo

Jenny | That Northern Gal

11. 25th February 2015 / 5:19 am

Her book looks amazing! May just have to get a copy myself 🙂

tonixox.blogspot.com