Benefit Watt’s Up! Soft Focus Face Highlighter

Today I am touching on a bit of an oldie but a goldie from Benefit Cosmetics – their Watt’s Up! soft focus highlighter for the face which is a product I used time and time again a few years ago and have recently re-added it to my highlighting collection. As always the packaging is spot on with a twist-up cream stick on one end and a soft, sponge blender on the other to give your high points a soft, luminous sheen.

The Watt’s Up! Highlighter from Benefit Cosmetics (£24.50) is the perfect glow-giver if you are a fan of cream highlighting products as opposed to liquids or powders. I have never been a massive fan of liquid highlighters that much and much prefer a cream or powder (or even better a cream to powder) formula which is exactly what Watt’s Up! is all about. The delicate golden-champagne hue is pearly and luminous but doesn’t have any chunky glitter in it so you only get the most prettiest of gleams to your cheeks, brow bone or down the bridge of your nose. The texture is really smooth and easy to blend and simply smoothes onto your skin straight from the stick. You then have the option to blend the colour out with your fingertips or use the soft sponge blender – I personally prefer using my fingers but both work well. The colour and finish reminds me quite a lot of Illamasqua’s Gleam in Aurora (featured here) so you can see what it looks like on my cheeks, applied over foundation and just before a dusting of blush. The consistency is creamy so doesn’t pull at your skin as you apply and beautifully melts into your skin as you softly blend it in. The only one downside is that it doesn’t last that well throughout the day and sometimes needs a little retouching if I’m heading out straight after work. Therefore I like to keep this highlighter purely for evenings out when I know it will last well for a few hours as I just love the instant radiance and warmth it gives to my complexion.

Are you a fan of a cream stick highlighters? Have you tried Watt’s Up?

1. 18th February 2015 / 10:27 am

I've always wanted to try this out! It looks amazing 🙂

2. 18th February 2015 / 2:31 pm

I been obsessed with this lately, such a lovely highlighter! x

3. 18th February 2015 / 2:49 pm

It's my favourite highlighter, thinking about trying sun beam from them.Not to sure about liquid highlighter because this one so great. I apply it and blend it with my finger it's such a great effect !

4. 18th February 2015 / 10:39 pm

I've only recently noticed this at Benefit and it looked lovely, so this came at a perfect time! Now I know what to expect if I pick it up x

Through New Eyes x

5. 18th February 2015 / 11:14 pm

This is very similar to the Illamasqua one, defiantly one I need to add to my collection!

Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

6. 18th February 2015 / 11:19 pm

Might just be thinking about investing into this beauty. I've always been a fan of cream highlighters as I tend to find them easier to blend and love the dewy glow they tend to give off. I've been wanting to try this one out for a while, but is it worth the money? x

7. 19th February 2015 / 11:51 am

I've been using this highlighter on and off for about 8 months now but I still prefer Benefits Girl Meets Pearl. The formula can be a little tricky to use if I'm having a dry skin day but the colour is lovely …especially when sporting a tan.

8. 19th February 2015 / 4:57 pm

I've always thought this looked so pretty!! I'm not usually a fan of cream highlighters but I think I would make an exception for this 🙂

Kat | http://www.kathorrocks.com

9. 19th February 2015 / 6:10 pm

and the packaging is amazing, wow

10. 21st February 2015 / 12:01 am

I love this product! Benefit always has the most adorable packaging. It just looks so pretty on the bridge of your nose or cheekbones, I'm obsessed!
    thumble-nina.blogspot.com