Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

My relationship with Benefit mascaras has always been a bit hit and miss. Whilst everyone was piling on the volume with their original Bad Gal Lash I was finding it a bit too clumsy and chunky for my liking. But then they quickly redeemed themselves with the successful launch of They’re Real! Mascara which really ticked all the boxes when it came to volume, length and fluttery lashes in an instant. With a rocky Benefit mascara experience so far I was more than keen to test out their very latest release – the Roller Lash Mascara to see where how it would fare and if it really could top the splendidness of They’re Real! and give us a reason to splurge our pennies on another must-have mascara?

Labelled as a super-curling and lift mascara, Roller Lash mascara* (£19.50) from Benefit Cosmetics is a roller for your lashes! It has a patent “hook ‘n’ roll” brush which is slightly curved and grabs, separates, lifts and curls the lashes giving you a wide-eyed, eye-opening result. The formula contains Provitamin B5 and Serin which conditions the lashes as well as promising to hold your curl for up to 12 hours. So is it really time to say bye bye to those lash curlers? Well those magic little hooks on that innovative new brush really do work wonders at grabbing each lash and pulling them upwards as you apply the mascara and the fine, comb-like wand makes sure that lashes are also separated and fanned out. This mascara has been specifically created for those girls who may have quite short or straight lashes or smaller eyes, those girls that struggle with big, chunky brushes that don’t really capture the individual lashes and leave you with a smudgy mess. And it really does the job. I always prefer the plastic-y wands and I love that this one is delicate and fine enough to also do your bottom lashes without it too awkward or clumpy. It is also perfect shaped to nestle into the roots of your lashes ready for you to wiggle and jiggle the mascara up and through your lashes as you apply. All in all, the Roller Lash gets a thumbs up from me – it gives you all the length and same volume you would expect from They’re Real! with the added bonus of such a pretty curl to finish with.

I’m hooked!

1. 14th February 2015 / 9:57 am

I really love how it looks on your eyes! I know what you mean by these Benefit mascaras being a hit and miss! Most of the time they smudge a lot underneath my eyes, in my opinion, but that could also just be me haha 🙂 I like this one though! Very curious — would love to try it. Great review!

Valérie | Scribbles of Valérie

2. 14th February 2015 / 10:17 am

Aaah sounds amazing! It seems people are really loving this mascara! As someone with very short, straight lashes, I definitely want to try it!

Tasha // shiwashiful.

3. 14th February 2015 / 11:02 am

Ive been loving the mini from Elle, it seems like a great mascara!

Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

4. 14th February 2015 / 2:11 pm

This mascara sounds so, so incredible and I have heard nothing but good things!

nueyork.blogspot.com

5. 14th February 2015 / 4:14 pm

I can't wait to purchase this!!!
    if you want to check out my blog:
    unknownkc.blogspot.com

6. 14th February 2015 / 5:48 pm

I am in love with this mascara too! So nice when a mascara really lives up to the hype. Will definitely be buying this over and over.

Daisy x

7. 14th February 2015 / 6:26 pm

I'm loving this mascara at the moment, can't wait to grab the full size one! The packaging is so nice, Benefit always have great packaging x

Through New Eyes | Beauty Blog

8. 14th February 2015 / 8:47 pm

Was super excited to try this because I have really straight short lashes. My normal mascara routine consists of waterproof mascara followed by a dramatic mascara and I find that this combination helps with keeping the curl when I curl my lashes. I do agree that the brush on this mascara is really good for short lashes, it grabbed each hair! But like most non-waterproof mascaras, it uncurled my lashes as it dried. Boo.

xx Alyson
    The Beauty Vanity

9. 14th February 2015 / 9:37 pm

Rollerlash is amazing..I've been testing it out this past week and I'm hooked! x

FARFROMPERFECTIONXO

10. 15th February 2015 / 12:32 am

Amazing! I've seen this mascara popping up alot in the beauty blogging community. It must be good for everyone to be raving about it! Thanks for sharing

Shanna
    EricaRosa

11. 15th February 2015 / 12:42 am

Awesome review! I really like that you put a photo up of the results – so many other Roller Lash reviews just showed the product. I LOVE Maybelline's Falsies but I might have to give this a try!
    Brianna || http://extraordinarydaysblog.com

12. 15th February 2015 / 11:32 am

I actually got this in Elle this week, excited to give it a try too 🙂

the-fashion-rose.blogspot.co.uk

13. 15th February 2015 / 2:39 pm

I got this in Elle magazine and really liked it, Infact I've ordered the full size

Lovely pictures

Laura//libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

14. 18th February 2015 / 3:30 pm

I have never really got on with the mascaras from Benefit but I have, however, heard many good reviews about Rollerlash. Which is more than an excuse for me to go on a little makeup shopping spree, not that I need much of an excuse! xx http://www.lolabellebeauty.co.uk