My Blunt Bob

So after I took the plunge a month or so ago and gave my long, blonde hair a shorter, darker makeover, I decided that today would be the day to go even shorter! Inspired somewhat by Lauren Conrad’s recent daring chop from flowing locks to a short, chic bob, I gave into the temptation of Pinterest and headed to the hairdressers this morning. I completely love the finished result – shoulder-skimming, blunt and slightly choppy with hardly any layers which suits my naturally curly hair. My hairdresser styled the finished look with a curling wand to give my hair a relaxed, rippled effect which is my favourite way of styling a bob to keep it from looking too polished and perfect. My hair feels so much healthier, thicker and more manageable already and cannot wait to whip out my waving tongs and having a little play about with my new do myself.

What do you think of my new, shorter do?

1. 29th November 2014 / 4:31 pm

This is such a lovely hair cut and suits you perfectly! I love the colour too!

wwww.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

2. 29th November 2014 / 4:32 pm

Love it Milly! Looks gorgeous!
    So brave, but it's paid off. 🙂
    Look forward to seeing how you style it yourself.

Caroline.x
    notesfromcaroline.com

3. 29th November 2014 / 5:50 pm

Milly you look beautiful! What salon did you get it done in? My hair is shorter than yours (I lost it all having chemo) but the colour is what I really want at the moment…

Polly
    pollyspocketbook.co.uk

4. 29th November 2014 / 7:57 pm

I love this look it suits you so much! As much as I love long hair i love my short locks better.

GreyWalls

5. 29th November 2014 / 9:33 pm

This is gorgeous! Before I even saw you mention LC, she was the first person I thought of! I think I'll always be partial toward short hair, no matter how much I say I want to grow it out. It's just so freeing!

daniellecaliforniaa.blogspot.com

6. 29th November 2014 / 10:08 pm

I love this look!I have resonantly thought about cutting my hair short as well, but it's kind of scary when I have had long hair for so long, but seeing how gorgeous it looks I might have to try it xx

7. 30th November 2014 / 6:00 am

Ahh!! i used to have this blunt cut when i was kid/teen!! miss those glorious moment when i barely care how i looked!!!

8. 30th November 2014 / 8:36 am

Love this! I recently chopped off my long hair to a bob and its so nice to have a change! x

9. 30th November 2014 / 10:05 am

I'm thinking about cutting my long hair short after Christmas, I'm just not sure if it will suit me and its such a big jump for me who has had long hair all my life! It looks lovely on you though, as I'm sure anything would 🙂

Lipgloss & Lashes

10. 30th November 2014 / 10:13 am

So so so pretty! Your hair truly looks gorgeous! Makes me want to chop off my hair as well, haha!

11. 30th November 2014 / 11:22 am

I think i love everything about your hair here x

12. 30th November 2014 / 12:01 pm

It looks great! 😀
    I'm forever doubting whether I should go this length or not but my hair is so long, I really can't make the decision 🙁

Valérie | Scribbles of Valérie

13. 21st February 2015 / 5:39 pm

Would love to hear how you're liking your shorter hair a couple of months on, what's your go to way to style it? I've just had the chop & jumped back to this blog post for inspo!! 🙂