Benefit They’re Real! Push Up Liner

“Never ask a girl with winged eyeliner why she’s late!” This saying couldn’t be more apt for me as I often find myself whittling away painstaking minutes trying to perfect my eyeliner and getting those tricky flicks identical and smudge-free. With some many different types of eyeliners around it is sometimes a little overwhelming to know where to start; should you opt for the gel, liquid or the old school kohl pencil and why will one eye always look better than the other? One of my favourite liners to create a fun flick is YSL’s False Lash Effect Liquid liner although the infamous Bobbi Brown gel liner is pretty darn good as well.

This week Benefit Cosmetics have released a new innovative eyeliner that is set to be the newest beauty breakthrough, helping make the notoriously tricky task of lining your eyes that little bit easier. They’re Real! push-up liner is a lash-hugging gel liner in a twist up pen form. The gel formula is waterproof and smudge proof that won’t dry or flake and has an innovative AccuFlex tip that gets ridiculously close to your lash line to make the process of perfecting that perfect flick a whole lot simpler. After a few twists of the pen the gel begins to appear from the top of the slanted rubber nib and you are ready to start lining. The formula was smooth and it did glide on nicely without too much tugging or pulling of the skin – although it does dry very quickly so any mistakes made have to be rectified quickly otherwise it could get a bit messy! The colour really is blacker than black and the fine, angled nib makes it really easy to create that lovely clean flick. I certainly did find it a lot easier to use than many other liquid or gel liners I’ve used and the soft tip does sit nicely right along your lash line to give you a very precise application. Definitely one to check out if you are in the market for a new eyeliner but you will need a very heavy duty makeup remover to wash it off at the end of the day! Available online and on counters now for £18.50.

Have you tried the new push-up liner from Benefit?

1. 3rd July 2014 / 8:31 pm

Lovely post! I love your blog. I really find winged eyeliner difficult to do, so I wanted to pick this one up ASAP. Glad to know it's working for some people. 🙂 xx

(Laurieamedina.blogspot.com)

2. 3rd July 2014 / 8:37 pm

Benefit have brought out a They're Real remover which is worth picking up for £14.50. Certainly makes removing it less of a chore!

3. 3rd July 2014 / 8:56 pm

I love a good flick on someone and a pen eyeliner makes this so much easier. My favourite eyeliner is colour sport 24hour eyeliner – you can find it by the false lashes and tweezers section in boots or superdrug – it kind of is a hidden gem. It is so easy to apply as the pen nib is quite solid and the colour stays all day. Its sold in a sealed packet so you can't sample it in the shop but it really is brilliant and I highly recommend it. search it in google and you will see you can get it from prices ranging £5.99-£12.99. I give it to my friends on their birthdays and everyone converts to it they are so surprised how good it is! XX

xxalldolledupxx.blogspot.co.uk/

4. 3rd July 2014 / 9:06 pm

I've just reviewed this today too for tomorrow's blog post! It takes a bit of getting used to but it's a really unique product and definitely one to try!

Carly | http://www.floralfidelity.co.uk

5. 3rd July 2014 / 9:32 pm

Ooh this sounds like the perfect product for people like me who just cannot get the winged eye liner look right! Although, if removal is anything like the matching mascara I can imagine it being a bit of a pain! x

What Rachael Wrote

6. 3rd July 2014 / 9:40 pm

I know that this is the next big thing at the minute, but I'm uncertain whether to buy it or not because I don't wear upper lid eyeliner that much, but I'll probably give into the hype eventually, haha.

7. 3rd July 2014 / 9:54 pm

I love that product! 🙂

8. 3rd July 2014 / 10:14 pm

that's really amazing!

9. 3rd July 2014 / 10:24 pm

Super awesome product! Can't wait to pick this up!

10. 3rd July 2014 / 10:34 pm

Love the look of this liner, lovely images and a good summary of your thoughts 🙂

zara @ bows and pearls

11. 6th July 2014 / 3:28 am

I tried this eyeliner in sephora the day it came out and i love the matte look and it seemed easy to apply but getting it off was horrible! i had to scrub at my eyes which honestly didn't get the job done and hurt ALOT. Im not going to purchase it based on that.

12. 21st August 2014 / 11:47 pm

I haven't just it yet, but I still really want to! I don't struggle lots with my winged liner, but this still really appeals to me…

Ivory Avenue