Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette

What on my lips? MAC Snapdragon lipstick!

Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette*, £37
available from Debenhams

When it comes to these cult eyeshadow palettes from Urban Decay I think I may have done it all the wrong way round. I bypassed the original palette, was a little bit tempted by the Naked 2 offering but didn’t commit until the pretty Naked 3 palette was released. After purchasing the third release from this trilogy of neutral shadows and having used it almost every day since, I felt I needed to investigate its predecessors and Naked 2 was swiftly added to my collection.

The Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay offers a dozen pigment-rich eyeshadows ranging from taupes, beiges and golds to some dirtied-purples, greys and a strong black shade. It is an eclectic mix of neutrals with various finishes and intensities which certainly makes a neutral eyeshadow look anything but boring! The range of matte and sparkly shades means it is perfect for an understated day time look or a more shimmery, dramatic look for a night out on the town. My favourite shades for a quick everyday look lurk in the first half of the palette as you have everything you need to highlight and define with a mixture of high-shimmer and matte shadows with their trademark velvety texture and strong pigmentation I have grown to know and love from Urban Decay. For the above look I used  “Booty Call” all over my lids, in the corners of my eyes and along the brow bone to highlight and add a touch of luminosity. I then took “Chopper” and placed this in the inner half of my eyelid and then blended “Tease” into the outer half. I then finished with a touch of “Busted” in my crease and along my lower lash line. I love the versatility of the Naked 2 palette and it is perfect if you aren’t such a fan of the rose-gold and warmer pink shades that the Naked 3 palette has to offer.

Which is your favourite Urban Decay Naked palette?

1. 20th April 2014 / 3:01 pm

I love the Naked 2 palette and I use it every day. It's so beautiful and perfect for everyday and for going out 🙂

2. 20th April 2014 / 3:29 pm

I did a review on this also, I love it!

I'm having a giveaway on my blog, the winner gets to choose their own MAC lipstick shade!

Hannah xo | The Beauty Drawer

3. 20th April 2014 / 4:09 pm

Definitely my favourite of the three! I use this every day 🙂 xx

4. 20th April 2014 / 4:29 pm

I am desperate to get my hands on one of these! x

emilyh0ughton.blogspot.co.uk

5. 20th April 2014 / 4:41 pm

This is a really pretty look you created with the colours 🙂

I just LOVE the Urban Decay palettes and I use them pretty much on a daily basis! I would say that my Naked 1 palette is the most used :)x

6. 20th April 2014 / 6:11 pm

NAKED2 is my favourite palette out of all of them. I'm going to upload a prom look using that palette tonight/tomorrow.

RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP

7. 20th April 2014 / 7:30 pm

I recently got this and I can't stop using it!! Such a beautiful palette!!

Laura

maquillagemagic.blogspot.co.uk

8. 20th April 2014 / 9:18 pm

It looks gorgeous! Lovely post 🙂 xx

9. 21st April 2014 / 12:00 pm

ohhh I have just bought this palette and I love it! the pigmentation of the eyeshadows is fantastic and I think it's perfect to use in spring / summer with all the shimmery shades *_*

Ila x

10. 21st April 2014 / 3:18 pm

I don't have any of the UD Naked palettes, but from what I can see from all the reviews out there is that the second one is my favourite. Think I'll treat myself soon!

11. 21st April 2014 / 4:55 pm

I was debating between getting the Naked one and Naked two palette and ended up with the Naked one, I really like it, might end up getting the second one too though, they're really lovely eyeshadows. I write a blog too so if you have the time to
    read it I would be really grateful

12. 21st April 2014 / 6:36 pm

I've been debating about buying this for months now but I think I need to complete my little Urban Decay Naked collection! That black shadow is my absolute favourite, it's so richly pigmented!

13. 21st April 2014 / 8:46 pm

I need this pallet, after seeing a few tutorials it seems like this pallet would be pretty universal 🙂 I can't wait to get a little more creative with my eye make up this spring/summer x

14. 21st April 2014 / 11:32 pm

I was really debating between the 3, but I ended up first going with #2! I love it, couldn't be happier :3

blushingbiddies.com

15. 22nd April 2014 / 2:33 pm

I still have the original and use it daily! I really want Naked 3 🙂 That's my next beauty purchase I think x

16. 26th April 2014 / 2:57 am

Love, love, love these eye shadows! They stay on all day (and night if you forget to wash)!