The Body Shop 4 step smoky eyes palette

4-Step Smoky Eyeshadow Palette in 02 Smoky Plum £15
from The Body Shop

It’s funny to think that a few years ago I wasn’t that into eyeshadows. It was all about the blushers and lipsticks for me but fast forward a few years and many palettes later, I am a self-confessed eyeshadow junkie. I particular love functional palettes that contain a selection of shades that can be used all together to create a particular look which is why the 4-step smoky eyes palette from The Body Shop is just perfect.

Smoky Plum is a beautiful quad of shadows to create a really pretty purple-toned smoky eye which can be worn subtly as above or deepened with a heavier application of the rich plum shadow. It includes a pearly-pink highlighter shade which is great to sweep all over the lid up to the brow bone. Next to that is a sparkly mauve shade which I applied all over my lid followed by the coppery-brown colour to define the corner and wing the colour out a little. Finally I took the matte aubergine shade and blended this into the crease of my eyelid to darken the outer corners and finish off my smoky eye look. This kit from The Body Shop is such a handy little palette to have and a great alternative if you are a little nervous of using dark browns and blacks when creating a smoky eye.

Have you tried any of The Body Shop’s eyeshadow palettes before?

Twitter . Facebook . Bloglovin

1. 10th December 2013 / 8:48 pm

I haven't tried make up from the body shop in a long time, this palette looks lovely though! The colours look really pretty on your eyes 🙂 xx

2. 10th December 2013 / 9:05 pm

I've been trying to get my hands on this pallette but its sold out or not available online, which is super annoying!

3. 10th December 2013 / 11:32 pm

I was tempted to buy this but I wasn't 100% sure. Now I've seen it on I'm going to pick it up! It looks lovely!
    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

4. 11th December 2013 / 8:40 am

I saw this on Essie Buttons blog and I think I NEED this palette! Even though the purple scares me a bit as i"m an eyeshadow nube… oh well all for the sake of research hey? 😉

5. 11th December 2013 / 8:59 am

This is such a gorgeous pallet and it makes a change not to have all nudes. The Body Shop always have offers so i'm sure i will be picking this up.

P.xx
    GreyWalls

6. 11th December 2013 / 12:24 pm

I've never been attracted to their older quads, I have too many browns and i didnt want a black, gray and white quad either but this is just beautiful! So fun and festive, I love the color payoff on your lids! Just gorg!

7. 11th December 2013 / 3:34 pm

Haven't really tried alot of Body Shop Products but that's all changing now. This looks lovely x

8. 11th December 2013 / 3:48 pm

You look gorgeous! This looks like a really nice pallette. Makes such a difference having lighter shades on the eyes!

Katie <3

9. 11th December 2013 / 7:02 pm

It was the opposite for me, few years ago blushes or lipsticks didn't exist for me. I was all about eyeshadows and lipgloss 😀
    This look is very pretty and that palette is gorgeous *_*

10. 11th December 2013 / 7:10 pm

This palette looks lovely, the shades are gorgeous! I'm the same as you with eyeshadow, I was never really that into them. – I can't get enough now though! xx

Leanne | Seeking Serendipity

11. 20th December 2013 / 11:42 pm

I love this palette! I saw it on EssieButton too, and it is gorgeous! I've never done a plum smokey eye before, but I'll keep my eye out for this…it's sold out now, but hopefully it will be back!