Hair styling with Toni & Guy straighteners and serum

Classic hair styling with Toni & Guy Professional Straighteners & Shine Gloss Serum

Over the last decade or so I have gotten through my fair share of hair straighteners and curling irons. Ever since the novelty of GHDs hit the corridors and classrooms during my school years to the latest innovation of heated rollers and tongs, I think everyone has a pair of straighteners in their hair styling armoury for those sleek locks, twists or flicks. Recently I have turned my back on my trusty Cloud Nines and have been giving some items from Toni & Guy’s classic hair collection a go to see how they fared on my unruly mane.

Toni & Guy’s Professional Straighteners are the answer to quick and sleek hair with their variable heat temperature which allows them to reach a frazzling 230 degrees celsius. I personally stay clear of the highest temperature with any of these adjustable heat hair tools and with these straighteners, you really don’t need to crank up the heat to get lovely results. The ceramic plates glide through the hair nicely and only takes a few seconds on each section to get super sleek hair with a glossy finish. They are also incredibly versatile at achieving soft waves and curls by gently twisting and pulling the hair from about halfway down all the way to the tip. To help give my hair a softness and shine I applied two pumps of the Toni & Guy Classic Shine Gloss Serum to just-washed hair before blow-drying and straightening it. The serum is lovely and light so can also be used on dry hair as well to finish your look and give your locks a gorgeous lustre and tame any frizz or fly-aways! A perfect pair of products if you after a sleek, classic style, some quick, easy waves or simple twists and flicks.

What hair tool do you swear by to straighten and style your hair?

1. 1st December 2013 / 8:48 pm

Your dresses are so pretty. I really like the black one. I swear by my GHDs for straightening my hair. xx

2. 1st December 2013 / 9:08 pm

hair looks amazing! nice duo. love the details on your dress/top

yukluistyle

3. 1st December 2013 / 9:22 pm

Your hair looks so healthy and slick. I've never used the Shine and Glossy serum although I'm sure I have a small bottle lying around somewhere.

I just picked up a Babyliss pair a few months ago but didn't really look into options much. My hair is so dry and brittle that I try not to use them much but like you say, avoiding the highest temperatures and not over-doing things ought to be okay.

Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say?

4. 1st December 2013 / 9:23 pm

Your hair looks amazing x

5. 1st December 2013 / 9:35 pm

I know the post is about straighteners but the first top/ dress looks so good on you Milly, so gorgeous xx

6. 1st December 2013 / 9:37 pm

Your hair looks beaut! So sleek, love your sweeping fringe (and your lipstick!). Its good to hear about other straighteners other than ghd's that mostly murder my hair, will keep these in mind next time i need to invest x

7. 1st December 2013 / 9:54 pm

These look brilliant and I love the results you had! I'm still with my trusty ghds but should they every pack up, will have to look into these.

8. 2nd December 2013 / 2:16 am

Your hair looks so smooth and shiny! I'm fully committed to my GHDs but I think I'll be investing in some of the shine serum next time I'm in Boots. I already love their salt spray for more textured looks but I have trouble with frizziness so this might be the answer to my prayers!

Sarah xx

littlegoldxo.blogspot.com

9. 2nd December 2013 / 6:56 pm

I really want to try out this serum as it's hard to find a light one. I still always stick to GHD's

P.xx