“On your wedding day you should look like yourself at your most beautiful.” – Bobbi Brown
With my impending nuptials only 9 months away (well 9 months and 6 days to be precise if you’re counting, ahem…) my thoughts, time and Pinterest searches have turned to everything “English country wedding”‘. I am enjoying the whole process of organising our wedding so much and am immersing myself in as much inspiration and research as possible to make sure we have the perfect day to reflect both our hopes and dreams. From trying on dresses to deciding on my bouquet flowers, it has been a wonderful journey so far and after attending the Brides The Show on Friday night and being surrounded by vintage lace, flowers and macarons, it all got that little bit more exciting!
I was fortunate enough to be invited along to this gorgeous wedding show in London by Bobbi Brown who were the event’s beauty sponsors and were on hand to offer tutorials, makeovers, tips and tricks to help the bride and the bridal party achieve perfect makeup on the day. I have already decided that I will probably do my own makeup on the big day so I was particularly keen to soak up as much bridal-beauty information as possible to help me get photo-ready skin and long-lasting liner to carry me through from church aisle to dance floor. I had a lovely makeover from the Bobbi Brown team and was not only able to try out a host of their bridal-recommended products but was able to glean some specific advice from my MUA.
Bridal beauty tips from Bobbi Brown
1. Avoid facial oils before applying your makeup and stay away from foundations that contain SPF as these can cause flash-back in photographs.
2. To avoid looking shiny, ensure you set your concealer and foundation with a sheer pressed powder and don’t forget to buff the powder under your eyes too where the concealer can crease and move.
3. For the blushing bride, use two shades of blushers – a neutral shade and a brighter “pop” of colour on the apples of the cheeks.
4. To complete your brows, choose a shadow rather than a pencil for a more natural finish that won’t slip or smudge during the day.
5. Define your eyes with a gel liner rather than a kohl or a liquid liner – it will stay smudge-free during those tear-filled moments!
6. For your beauty-bridal touchups throughout the day keep your lipstick and gloss handy along with some blotting paper and pressed powder to keep shine-prone skin in check!
7. Resist the urge to do something that’s not true to you and who you are.
And on a person note – Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick will be your best friend for gorgeous, glowing skin, and is already on my wedding day makeup list!