Teeth Whitening at the Smile Studio London

teeth whitening smile studio

Teeth Whitening* with Dr Wyman Chan at the Smile Studio London

When I confessed to Dr Wyman Chan that I had never had my teeth whitened before he seemed surprised. Not because he was blinded by my gleaming pearly-whites but just because most girls have dabbled in some sort of teeth whitening before, whether it be professional or from the comfort of their sofa at home. The thought of using at-home treatments such as Crest Whitestrips makes me wince and I never fancied suffering the inevitable sensitivity for whiter teeth. I like ice cream too much! But the great thing about Dr Wyman Chan’s technique is that it uses gel and a heat diffuser to erase stains without any of the dreaded pain or sensitivity afterwards.

From the moment I stepped into the Smile Studio London it was a welcome retreat from the hustle and bustle of Leicester Square down below. Everything was calm. Everything was tranquil. I was even massaged by my chair as I waited for my appointment surrounded by photos of Dr Chan beaming with his celeb clients. Once ushered into the treatment room I was talked through the process with Dr Chan and a realistic shade of whiteness was agreed for my teeth – nothing too white or glowing. No Ross Gellar here please – just something natural and bright. To begin with Dr Chan took some impressions of my teeth (more on that later) and then set to work protecting the sensitive areas of my teeth and gums before applying the gel and heat. The whole process took about an hour and a quarter so I was treated to some high-tech glasses and a film to help while away the time. It is amazing how fast time flies when you are engrossed in a good Bond film! The results were clear to see the moment Dr Chan flashed the mirror in front of me and the whole process was thankfully pain-free. My teeth were beautifully white and bright and had clearly been lifted by a few shades. The moulds that were taken earlier had also been transformed into some personal trays for me to take home and continue the whitening process every day for the next month. Dr Chan explained that this will continue to erase any stains and make your teeth super white, with your new shade lasting up to two years!

I have been using the at-home trays for the past few weeks (although not religiously everyday I have to say) but have noticed that my teeth are so much whiter and brighter than they were and I haven’t experienced any pain or sensitivity as a result. I am just so pleased there is an answer to pain-free teeth whitening at last and I can imagine this is something I would definitely treat myself to in the run up to my wedding next year for all those many many photos on the day!

What method do you use when it comes to teeth whitening?

1. 21st September 2013 / 7:50 am

They look great lovely, how nice you go to watch a film I always thought you'd just be say there and it would feel like a lifetime. I really want a treatment like this but worry about my sensitive teeth. I have been using pearlys whitening kit lately which is keeping my smile brighter.
    Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

2. 21st September 2013 / 10:20 am

I am so grateful you posted this, I've been saving up recently to treat myself to get my teeth whitened as i've always been conscious of the colour of my teeth.So much so I wouldnt smile with them for any photos. Plus the whole sensitivity issue with whitening has made it hard to find a treatment which doesn't give this. So you have pointed me in the right direction and I am so grateful from one beauty blogger to another. Besides can't beat a good movie whilst the transformation is occurring!

Eloise | simplynaturale xo

3. 21st September 2013 / 12:07 pm

nice !!
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

4. 21st September 2013 / 5:18 pm

First of all it's important to brush your teeth everyday and at least twice, and then you may need to go to the dentist maybe ?

MissManzanna.Blogspot

5. 21st September 2013 / 6:08 pm

In Germany we don't have studios like you have (what a shame); I always buy whitening strips from crest when I'm Florida

6. 21st September 2013 / 6:17 pm

They look great!

How much does it usually cost?

emmazingbeauty.blogspot.com

7. 22nd September 2013 / 2:34 pm

I plan on going and getting my teeth whitened this week some time. Great post

8. 24th September 2013 / 1:00 pm

Hello Webmaster. I truly just like your article and the web site all in all! The piece of writing is actually very plainly written and without difficulty understandable. Your current Blog style is amazing as well! Would definitely be awesome to learn exactly where I can get that. If possible maintain up the excellent job. We all need much more these website owners such as you on the web and also much less spammers. Fantastic man!
    Dynamics AX training

9. 27th September 2013 / 10:45 am

Hello,
    Taking care of teeth is really essential. White teeth generally attracts all and to maintain it seems very difficult. I would like to know which tooth paste is good for the teeth?

10. 30th October 2013 / 4:39 am

How much did you pay for the procedure? How long will the results last? Oh! I really love to try this procedure and make my teeth whiter.

11. 5th December 2013 / 9:52 am

Most of the health professionals determined that baking soda is among the most powerful and least risky whitening components available due to the fact it's an acid neutralizer that carefully eliminates stains and accumulation from the teeth enamel. Baking soda is healthier compared to hydrogen peroxide.

12. 3rd April 2014 / 4:46 pm

You're a Really Professional Blogger, You either have got quality knowledge of what your discussing or you did some great research. Thanks for this excellent post.
    Dental Office Oakville