REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm

ren cleansing balm

REN No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm* £23
available online

At the end of a long working day I sometimes wish there was a magic wand I could wave and my full face of makeup would be gone, in a flash! However much I love applying makeup and I love my skincare rituals, there are times when the prospect of cleansing, toning and moisturising is an onerous one. Cleansing balms, oils and milks have always featured heavily in my daily skin maintenance and I am always keen to find a better one than before, one that can remove my stubborn mascara in double quick time and leave my skin impeccably clean.

REN is a dear friend when it comes to skincare, always free of nasties and abundant with products for every skin type. The Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask is a personal favourite of mine but I think I have a new beauty crush. Their No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm is the latest addition to my makeup removing ranks and is a luxuriously silky balm infused with rose oil and other good things to give your skin a heavenly cleansing treat. I like to apply this straight onto dry skin and slowly rub it in, delicately sweeping over my eyes and down my neck for a good two minutes. I then add warm water to the mix to create a light milk-emulsion that helps sweep away the final flakes of mascara and leaves my skin plump, smooth and grease-free. I was genuinely impressed with how efficiently this cleanser removed every last scrap of makeup, melting away my sooty mascara and bright lipstick without the need to rub or scrub! It is so soft and gentle on the skin yet scarily effective without the need for flannels or cloths. The fact it smells of roses makes this great cleanser even better and I can definitely see this being a constant force in my ever-changing skincare lineup!

Which cleansers do you use and love?

1. 25th September 2013 / 10:53 pm

Sounds absolutely lovely. Love a good balm cleanser to remove makeup.

2. 25th September 2013 / 10:55 pm

I use the Clean and Clear deep pore cleanser and I love it so much (:

3. 25th September 2013 / 11:41 pm

I need to try some REN! They look so nice for your skin.

LIndsey| fairmaquillage.blogspot.com

4. 26th September 2013 / 6:38 am

I'm quite lazy with my skin care routine but this sounds great, I really need to stop being so lazy and be kinder to my skin.

Liza | Glambeautys | YouTube

5. 26th September 2013 / 9:39 am

I'm a massive fan of this cleanser, the lovely lady in space nk persuaded me after I mentioned a seriously fall out with previously beloved Eve lom. No nasties in this one whatsoever which is fab!

6. 26th September 2013 / 9:54 am

Had me at "rose infused" haha, sounds soo good!

the-secret-getaway.blogspot.com

7. 26th September 2013 / 1:37 pm

I love my Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm which seems so cliche; however, I also have been loving my Jacqueline Evans Castille Cream Cleanser which I received as a birthday present from a couple of friends. It is an Australian skincare brand that is free from all the nasties. Absolutely love it and it leaves my skin feeling so hydrated xo Jess

Your Daily Break

8. 27th September 2013 / 1:28 pm

I've just got a sample of this so I'm excited to try it! Good to see you're loving it though!

Sophs x