A Perfect Partnership: Vichy Dermablend foundation & Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation £15.50 available from Boots
Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge* £4.99 available in Boots/Superdrug from September 2013

With a muji-full of various foundations and an overflowing collection of brushes and buffing-implements, it it rare for me to go more than a week without switching up my foundation-applicator-combination. However recently I have stumbled across a winning partnership that has featured relentlessly in my morning makeup routine.

I always use to be a slave to my foundation brushes, and was never fussed by sponges or beauty blenders, but I believe the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge may have changed my opinion ever so slightly. This uniquely designed sponge has three distinct surfaces giving you three different ways to apply your foundation. The rounded sides are great for blending in foundation on larger areas of the face by using a stippling or dabbing motion. The precision tip is ideal for applying a more concentrated layer of foundation over blemishes and imperfections and the flat edge works wonders over the contours of your face; around your eyes and nose for example. In all honesty, I tend to just use the rounded and flat sides on this sponge and love the way is makes your foundation blend in flawlessly with a smooth, even finish.

The other half of this perfect pairing is my Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation (25 Nude). Marketed as a camouflage foundation that can cover the most severe skin flaws, redness and uneven skintone, I feel I should confess now that I don’t suffer from any of the above particularly badly. Dark circles yes, and a slightly uneven complexion at times, but I don’t necessarily need this foundation and all its optimal-coverage claims. However I think you can still use this foundation if you are just after a lovely, flawless base, long-lasting results with a skin-friendly formula. I literally use the tiniest pea-sized amount on the back of my hand, blended in with my Real Techniques sponge and the result I get feels a lot lighter and fresher than some of the other, ‘full coverage’ foundations I’ve tried – namely MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Estee Lauder Double Wear. No horrible mask-effect but a great coverage meaning no concealer required! Great if you are trying to minimise your base products during the hot summer days.

Which foundations are you loving at the moment? Are you excited about the Real Techniques sponge being released in a few months?

1. 25th July 2013 / 8:43 pm

I'm going to have to look into the Vichy foundation, it looks awesome and definitely something I need for those bad skin days. I'm religious about Mac Studio Fix but will be trying this for sure!

2. 25th July 2013 / 8:56 pm

Great post really love the sound of the foundation and the real techniques brush is new to me so this will be great to try out once its available πŸ™‚ x

β™₯

3. 25th July 2013 / 9:08 pm

The foundation looks really lovely, your skin is glowing, gorgeous photo!x

4. 25th July 2013 / 9:10 pm

This sounds great, I didn't get on well with Mac Studio Fix either, not sure how they can claim its full coverage!

Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

5. 25th July 2013 / 9:16 pm

For whatever reason I STILL haven't bought any Real Techniques products. And I see posts like this and just want them even more! Looks lovely and light for summer πŸ™‚

6. 25th July 2013 / 9:21 pm

I can't say i'm particularly fond of makeup sponges, I tried some of the blending eggs and found them hard to work with I stick with my real techniques trust buffing brush! However this looks quite nice, its a slightly different shape to some I have tried!

7. 26th July 2013 / 12:04 am

So having read this I now want both of these! Have been hearing great things about the Vichy foundations and since redness is one of my top concerns I definitely want to look into it a bit more. And since the Kim Kardashian/Beauty Blender craze I've been dying to get my hands on one, though since I love all the other RT products I'll just wait to get my hands on this one πŸ˜‰ x

8. 26th July 2013 / 4:53 am

I'm so excited about the RT sponge! I love their brushes so I know this will be great πŸ˜€ x

9. 26th July 2013 / 7:09 am

Vichy Dermablend looks lovely on you Milly! I love the different shape of the sponge – such a good idea! x

10. 26th July 2013 / 7:15 am

This sounds like a lovely foundation, I'm enjoying using my strobe cream to thin down some of my thicker foundations it works amazingly at giving me fresh summer skin πŸ™‚ Really looking forward to trying out the Real Techniques sponges too, what a bargain at that price in comparison to the beauty blenders! xx

The Girl In The Tartan Scarf

11. 26th July 2013 / 8:12 am

I currently use the original beauty blender but I really want to try out the real techniques. Great review =]

Aysha x
    outletjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

12. 26th July 2013 / 8:21 am

I have the Vichy foundation as I suffer from quite severe acne and acne scarring and it does a brilliant Job of covering it all up! Can't wait until the sponge comes out into stores. Check out my blog please?
    thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

13. 26th July 2013 / 8:48 am

Looks like it did a brilliant job, and loving the look of the Vichy foundation.
    I use RT brushes so really excited for the launch of the sponge to see if it makes a difference to make up application.
    xx

14. 26th July 2013 / 9:43 am

I love all the RT brushes – specifically the expert face brush which I like for my cream bronzer from Bourjois. I also have their stipling brush which I like for a natrual finish!

Check out the blog I do with my friend Sofia: http://www.cupcakesandskirts.blogspot.com (ALL THINGS BEAUTY!)

15. 26th July 2013 / 12:02 pm

I, too am a slave to all of my makeup brushes. So to hear you've found a winning partnership has encourage me to step out of my strict routine and try something new. As its summer I'm wearing less and less foundation just opting for a simple tinted moisturiser Origins Vita Zing. But when the warm weather departs I will be sure to check this out!

Great post Milly!

Eloise | xo
    simplynaturale.blogspot.co.uk

16. 26th July 2013 / 12:13 pm

you look really lovely in this make up. love the neutral colours and nude lips a lot <3

check out my latest inspiration post!
    A
    xx

17. 26th July 2013 / 2:10 pm

I wanna try this foundation, but all the bottles when I went to match my colour up, looked very skanky, I didn't want them anywhere near my skin, haha! It looks amazing on you however, and I must try one of those sponges!!

Molly x
    Lyon Notes

18. 26th July 2013 / 10:08 pm

Your skin looks absolutely flawless, The sponge sounds great, I've always been put off by the beauty blenders price but this is much nicer. Dermablend's something I've been wanting to try for a while but none of their shades match me.
    Rosalie x
    RosalieJayne

19. 27th July 2013 / 10:55 am

I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog to find out more!

Keep smiling,
    Dainty A x

20. 29th July 2013 / 12:25 pm

I learned any time people speak about the Real Techniques sponge but I don't find where to buy it for France delivery…

21. 31st July 2013 / 8:51 pm

Real techniques is incredible! X pieceofmindbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

22. 10th August 2013 / 1:21 pm