Leona Lewis Limited Edition Collection for The Body Shop

The Body Shop Leona Lewis
The Body Shop Leona Lewis
The Body Shop Leona Lewis
The Body Shop Leona Lewis
The Body Shop Leona Lewis

Late last month, The Body Shop announced that Leona Lewis was its new Brand Activist for 2013 – a role that helps raise awareness and enforce the brand’s ethical message of cruelty-free beauty. Along with her new role and being a global singer-slash-superstar, Leona has been a busy bee and put her name to a limited edition makeup collection which consists of two shimmer palettes (£16), four playful lip glosses (£8), an adorable pink blusher brush (£15) and a selection of White Mush Libertine fragrances (from £9). The retro-feeling packaging sports a quirky floral deer motif which highlights the fact that The Body Shop was one of the first beauty brands to use man-made musk in its products, opposed to the natural musk derived from the musk deer.

The limited edition shimmer palettes are the obvious winners for me from this collection and give you such a lovely, radiant glow to your cheeks. The colour you get from the main blush shade isn’t that strong so they are definitely best used solely as a highlighter or layered over a matte blush shade to add a sweep of pearlescent shimmer. The White Musk Libertine fragrance is pretty lovely too and is a welcome addition to my perfume hoard. The heavenly combination of musk, Turkish delight, baby orchid and Chantilly cream is a heady, sweet treat and will be the perfect evening scent for those balmy Summer nights.

The Leona Lewis Limited Edition collection* will be available from The Body Shop stores and online from 25th March 2013 onwards. Will you be picking up anything from this new release?

1. 12th March 2013 / 11:11 pm

The packaging is so cute I am going to be trying a few things from this collection out as I love the body shop the perfume sounds really nice x

2. 12th March 2013 / 11:13 pm

I've never considered buying makeup from the body shop! I always see it as just a place to buy body butters, shower gels ect… but I think I'll have too give it a go!

Beth-Lou's Beauty Blog

xo

3. 12th March 2013 / 11:23 pm

You totally sold me on the perfume Milly – you have me craving for walking around in a dress in hot summer evenings! Ahhh!

4. 13th March 2013 / 12:52 am

The Body Shop isn't actually cruelty free as it's owned by L'Oreal who are well known for their animal testing and the profits go to them.. If it were then I'd be all over that perfume. Xx

5. 13th March 2013 / 2:49 am

I love the packagaing. I'm not a massive fan of The Body Shop so I'm not sure I'll pick anything up, but this is a great review! I really am in love with the design of these

6. 13th March 2013 / 3:01 am

I agree with Beth. The Body Shop has loads of gorgeous body butters, scrubs and lotions, but I've never really considered their makeup. With the exception of their makeup brushes, which I treasure are will always buy from them!
    Thanks for the review xx
    poodlestalkers.blogspot.com.au

7. 13th March 2013 / 8:00 am

Such cute packaging. I am definitely looking forward to the release and having a look at some of these products when they hit the stores. Especially the shimmer palettes, I love them.

chelseyxlou.blogspot.co.uk xo

8. 13th March 2013 / 10:30 am

Im intrigued to try and I don't doubt that these cosmetics are cruelty free but I still wouldn't buy them as The Body Shop is now owned by L'Oreal who do test on animals. So indirectly they'll be benefiting from the profits which is a shame as this collection is being marketed particularly for being cruelty free.

I used to be a fan of the original TBS shimmer highlighting powder though!

Jen xx

9. 13th March 2013 / 3:07 pm

I love the packaging on this, it looks really lovely! My Mum loves that White Musk scent from The Body Shop so I may pick one up for her when it launches 🙂
    xx

10. 13th March 2013 / 10:14 pm

Aside from the great message this sends out the packaging is absolutely beautiful! Will be checking it out for sure, the lip glosses look nice xx

11. 14th March 2013 / 4:17 pm

I don't know why, but this collection just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. I think it's because it's Leona Lewis :/ xx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

12. 15th March 2013 / 12:03 pm

I am eagerly waiting for March 25th!!! I am so excited!!! A week or two ago I lost my Body Shop virignity, lol. The body butters are amazing!

13. 15th March 2013 / 6:09 pm

Love the packaging on this. I have had a few things from Body Shop but never step foot in a store before!

Excited for this collection!

Xo, Janelle GlamorousMama

14. 15th March 2013 / 8:15 pm

interesting packaging! reminds me a bit of bath and body works too