Bourjois BB cream foundation

bourjois bb cream
bourjois bb cream
bourjois bb cream
bourjois bb cream

Bourjois BB cream foundation £11.99
exclusively available from Selfridges

It came, it made headlines and then it sold out in Selfridges! Now back with a bang and a fully-stocked shelf, Bourjois’ BB cream foundation is a multi-purpose product that boasts a ceaseless list of actions and benefits for the skin. This innovative sleek compact with a twist lid-come-mirror houses a soft, velvety colour and an integrated sponge for touch-ups during the day. Described as a hybrid makeup and skin care product in one, this wonder cream evens out and beautifies the complexion, smoothes, corrects, hydrates, moisturises, fights the shine and contains SPF20 to protect against UV rays! (and breathe!)

The texture is really soft and smooth and melts into the skin as soon as you start to apply it. I enjoy using my Real Techiques Stippling brush with this foundation to gently buff the product in and despite having a good, medium coverage, it feels light and natural on the skin. There are quite a few things I love about this product, the formulation, the way it evens out your complexion and the ‘second skin’ like feel it gives you but there are a few flaws. The finish is extremely matte and powdery which is great if that is the look you are after, but this summer I am all about the dewy, radiant skin. It also doesn’t last that well during the day and felt a bit cakey after six or so hours, but up to that point it wore really nicely. This makes me think that the Bourjois BB cream would work best as an evening time base and will be a great makeup companion for when I go travelling down-under in a few weeks time due to its portable packaging, non liquid formula and the fact it contains SPF20. Great news for when I am cruising along the sunshine coast and want a quick, easy base I can apply on the move!

Are you intrigued by this new BB cream?

1. 8th March 2013 / 9:41 pm

I had no idea Bourjois had brought out this BB Cream! The packaging is so lovely and it sounds great x

2. 8th March 2013 / 9:43 pm

I have a similar one from Bourjois' sister brand UNE and found that it gave really good coverage and a lovely finish!

3. 8th March 2013 / 9:48 pm

I can't wait to try this!

4. 8th March 2013 / 10:05 pm

This sounds great I have seen many BB Foundations around now so would be great to try them out and see the differences to a normal foundation x

5. 8th March 2013 / 10:07 pm

At first it was 3 in 1. then 5 in 1. then 6 in 1.
    Now 8 in 1..
    I'm just waiting for the next company to claim they have a EVERYTHING in 1 BB cream ……..
    I have been using asian BB cream when it began to get popular in Asia long time ago, and I have to say asian BB cream and western/american BB cream are not really the same…. so nah perhaps I will pass this one..

6. 8th March 2013 / 10:28 pm

Seems to be a good product specially for a more oily skin, because of the powdery effect you talked about!
    I didn't even know there was a BB cream foundation out there xD

Have a great weekend!

xoRosie
    The Austrian Rose

7. 8th March 2013 / 10:41 pm

I had no idea that this was also a BB cream from Bourjois! I'd really love to try this out, seems like an interesting product.

Great post!

XO
    scribblesofvalerie.blogspot.com

8. 8th March 2013 / 11:13 pm

Thanks for a fab review Millie 🙂 so intrigued to try this
    Anna x

Onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

9. 9th March 2013 / 6:59 am

It's my first time to saw a bb cream in pan. Sounds better than what I use. It looks good on you♡,
    Riza

10. 9th March 2013 / 1:40 pm

I've been looking at loads of reviews for BB creams, and this one seems good! Although you said i can go a it 'cakey' and I hate that! But no harm in trying it out!

Beth-Lou's Beauty Blog

xx

11. 9th March 2013 / 2:10 pm

i'm not really keen on the finish of it, i prefer more natural looking foundations and bb creams but i think a lot of people will be happy about the better coverage this one gives!

12. 9th March 2013 / 2:23 pm

Love the packaging of it, sleek and easy to pop in your bag.
    Don't like the sound of cakey, but think it'd be good on a night out to touch up your skin to avoid looking over shiny.

13. 9th March 2013 / 3:01 pm

I love the packaging but it does look a little but cakey for me. Plus they don't sell this brand here

14. 9th March 2013 / 4:38 pm

This looks like a great compact to carry around. I tend to use a less matte foundation but for touch ups this sounds perfect!

I've just posted a nail polish collection and a FOTD on Black & Gold!

Laura xx – Black & Gold

15. 10th March 2013 / 1:09 pm

Wasn't aware that they had released a BB cream..
    Am intrigued by it though, I like the matt finish..
    Caroline.x

notesfromcaroline.com

16. 10th March 2013 / 9:56 pm

This sounds so intriguing.. and innovative! i can;t wait to give it a go xx

Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

17. 10th March 2013 / 11:39 pm

im actually not a fan, it looks a bit cakey and blotchy 🙁 diappointing

18. 15th March 2013 / 6:11 pm

How interesting, a BB cream in this form. I'd love to try this I am BB cream obsessed!
    Xo, Janelle GlamorousMama