my hair heroes

DSC_0147

When it comes to investing precious time and money, it is definitely my hair that seems to get the most attention, thanks to countless colours, cuts and conditioners. I often have so many hair lotions and potions on the go, it can get a bit overwhelming! Therefore I thought I would sit back, slap on a hair masque and reflect on a few firm favourites that I have been using religiously for the past few weeks and have led to some very healthy, happy hair.

DSC_0158

Split Mend Intense Recovery Masque
This hair masque is part of the new Split Remedy range from Tresemme which focuses on repairing split ends; an inevitable consequence of everyday styling, sun exposure and heat damage. Personally, I don’t think I suffer too frightfully from split ends, and having just had my hair cut, I am rather proud of my healthy locks. This masque however, whether it has special mending powers or not, is an amazing treatment and is genuinely great at adding nourishment and softness to your hair. I wasn’t bowled over by the shampoo or conditioner, but would definitely recommend this intense masque if you are on the hunt for a new, inexpensive treatment for your tresses.

DSC_0174

Neal & Wolf Silk Smoothing Blow-dry Balm
This is a really luxurious balm to be used on towel-dried hair before blow-drying. I always have to put something on my hair before I start the epic task of blow-drying it, and I find myself alternating between oils, serums and creams. This is one of the most effective lotions I have used at calming my hair and increasing its manageability once my mane has been dried and styled. It contains a hydrating wheat protein complex which provides moisture and balance, for a silky-smooth, frizz-free finish. It smells lovely too and isn’t overly heavy if used sparingly.

DSC_0181

Moroccan Oil Treatment
With it syrupy consistency and sweet-woody scent, Moroccan Oil honestly works magic on my mane. It is quickly absorbed when applied onto damp hair, and works especially well when particular attention is paid to your parched ends. I think my hair thrives best when I use oils and this is one of my favourite luxuries for my locks. My hair is thick, frizzy and quite coarse, so soaks up oil like a scorched desert receives the rain; happily and very easily. This oil probably wouldn’t be best if you had quite fine hair, or hair that gets greasy easily. I also use Moroccan Oil as a finishing product too by lightly smoothing it over my dry and styled hair, which adds instant shine and gloss to my coiffure.

DSC_0049
DSC_0109

I had my hair coloured last week and am overjoyed with the result. I had some soft creamy blondes weaved in to lighten it, whilst still keeping my aura of golden tones. I now just need it to grow six inches and I’ll be content!

What products do your locks love?

1. 22nd November 2011 / 8:16 pm

Moroccan Oil is my hair saviour! I've had my bottle for well over a year and it hasn't run out yet, so at £29 a pop it doesn't work out too bad 🙂

2. 22nd November 2011 / 8:31 pm

I am dying to try the Moroccanoil!! I think I just need to bite the bullet and buy it! xx

3. 22nd November 2011 / 8:36 pm

i still need to buy moroccanoil – maybe an crimbo present! im in search of a hair growth product which actually work. i want really long locks.

4. 22nd November 2011 / 8:59 pm

I love the mix of blondes you've chosen, looks so pretty. The first few times I used morrocon oil, it wowed me to an extent I have never been wowed before. I quite like the two lee stafford hair treatments, not sure if they do help with hair growth though. I also rate phyto and the body shop banana hair products.

5. 22nd November 2011 / 9:00 pm

6. 22nd November 2011 / 9:06 pm

The tresemme treatment looks good, definitely going to try it! your hair looks gorgeous!
    xo

7. 22nd November 2011 / 9:24 pm

Gorgeous hair colour, looks lovely xx

8. 22nd November 2011 / 9:26 pm

Your hair looks so light and healthy. I use the moroccan oil too and it's helped my hair so much. The ends are healthy and haven't been cut for 14 months, I know, crazy! But the product works wonders!

M.

9. 22nd November 2011 / 9:36 pm

Gorgeous Milly! Love the colours at the moment. And I'm with you on the growth front.
    Moroccan Oil is a wonder product, argan oil is amazing – don't know how it was a secret for so long!
    Not tried Neal & Wolf before so will give this a go I think.
    xx

10. 23rd November 2011 / 12:31 am

I've been meaning to try this range for a while as I've heard great things about it. I would love you to enter the give away on my blog cause you could win a IPhone cover. XOXO

11. 23rd November 2011 / 1:29 am

Extensive highlights and heat damage has left my poor hair a bit sorry and limp and split-endy lol. I have been using the L'oreal damage repair elvive shampoo and conditioner which seems to be working, hopefully! Also, after showering my hair tends to be a ratty tatty mess, but the leave in conditioning spray from the same range is really lovely for that. Really wanna try the argan/moroccon oil!

Jade, xx

12. 23rd November 2011 / 5:58 pm

Have you ever tried Mythic Oil? Do you know if it's any good? I think it's by L'oreal. I really want to try the Moroccan oil but I live in Iceland and we don't have a stockist over here 🙁 But recently saw that Mythic Oil is available here and am thinking about whether I should give it a go…

13. 26th November 2011 / 9:16 am

LOVE your hair colour.. this is the style and colour im after. 🙂
    Intrigued by the tresemme masque. i am a fan of their shampoo and conditioners so will havery to give this a try!
    My hairdresser uses the morrocan products at his salon i do like them, keep saying ill invest..
    Don't really have a regime for my hair, apart from wash dry brush, which is prob why i hate my hair.lol so i think you have inspired me to sort myself out! Lol
    c.x

14. 27th November 2011 / 5:45 pm

I've heard so many good things about Morrocan oil and this final blog post has tipped me over the edge..I'm buying it!! Great post Milly Xx

15. 23rd December 2011 / 11:44 pm

Everyone is raving about Morrocan oil and I honestly can't wait to get my hands on some! I have really dry, curly, coarse hair and constantly turning to deep conditioners and hair masques. Haven't tried an oil treatment yet, so rather excited!