So here we are, D – Day for Carmine, the newest beauty box to hit the market. This weekend will see many of their new customers receiving Carmine’s first contribution to the beauty box phenomenon and lifting the lid to reveal their surprises. Please read my first post on Carmine if you want to familiarise yourself more with this new sampling service which is thinking outside the box!
I mentioned in my previous post that I am one of Carmine’s new beauty columnists – this means I contribute content to their blog through my own beauty column. That is my role with Carmine and my role here on Pearls and Poodles remains unchanged, to be honest and open with my readers. I am certainly not here to push this beauty box on you. It was my choice to feature the newest Carmine box in this post as I thought it would be interesting to you all, and help you decide if it is something you fancy subscribing to.
So below are the products I uncovered in my Carmine box this month. There are five items, and a nice mix of bits from nail care, makeup to skincare.
01. Trind Nail Repair Natural – a little lacquer with a big claim, to naturally help strengthen and protect your nails.
02. The Balm Fratboy all-in-one shadow/blush – a peachy apricot-coloured blush which doubles up as an eyeshadow, encased in cute retro packaging.
03. Daniel Sandler Eye Delight in Peach or Ice – a pot of sweet, shimmery dust to give your eyes a subtle look, or can be mixed with water for a more intense finish.
04. Caudalie Quenching Sorbet-Creme – a creamy sorbet which naturally refreshes and hydrates your skin with all the anti-oxidising powers of red grape seed.
05. Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream – this multi-award winning cream will keep you soft and smooth from head to toe with delicate aromatherapy scents included.
I have sat on the fence over the past few months as a barrage of beauty boxes have been released and reviewed. The idea never really appealed to me; I like to know what I am getting for my money and tend to play it safe with brands I know and I love. One of Carmine’s main missions is to acquaint their customers with new products and brands which they may never have used, or heard of, before. Bar Daniel Sandler, I have not used any of these brands so it is refreshing to try something new and maybe find my next holy grail product. The items in this month’s box are a good size, featuring three full size products. I know the size of the samples can be a concern when subscribing to these beauty boxes, and does put people off, but for £10 (+2.95 p&p) I think three full-sized products is very good.
I think with any beauty box comes an element of risk, you cannot be assured that every month you will love every product, but with that also comes guaranteed fun. You know you are bound to discover new items and have the privilege of them being delivered straight to your door each month.
If you want to learn more about Carmine then you can visit their website.
Let me know your initial thoughts, Are you a beauty box fan?