a bolt of cobalt

On Friday just gone, myself and my dear friend Claire decided to go to London Fashion Weekend at Somerset House. We have attended for the past umpteen seasons, and it is always such a fun day out. I know I was lucky enough to gain access to London Fashion Week, which is the more exclusive offering before it is unveiled to the public, but this did not detract from my excitement and enjoyment of the day.

The day was spent weaving our way around the maze of our grandiose surroundings, marvelling at some gorgeous designer pieces and enjoying a catwalk show parading some wonderful collections, as well as a few questionable garments. More shopping ensued on Oxford Street where I bought this mustard pleated dress which I am really excited about wearing. Undoubtedly this excitement will exude in a future outfit post. The day was scrumptiously topped off with burritos and drinks at Las Iguanas.

This outing and the recent mild weather gave me the perfect excuse to wear my new cobalt blue sheer blouse from New Look. I love this colour so much, and the gold button detailing. My green-splashed jacket is from H&M, which I actually wore to LFW last season…oh what a fashion faux pas! My tube skirt is courtesy of Topshop, gold-plaited belt is from H&M again and my jewellery is from Accessorize. My wonderful, and much complimented, velvet turban is from Crown & Glory, which I have featured previously here.

(15% discount from Crown & Glory until the end of Feb…just enter PEARLS at the checkout)

I hope you have all had wonderful weekends.

1. 27th February 2011 / 8:20 pm

This blue is just lovely πŸ™‚ You look totally beautiful, as always! The blue looks great on you, I love them with body cons.
    Looking forward to seeing your new dress in a post, very pretty, and very you indeed.
    So glad you & Claire had a lovely day. I thought about going, but all a bit too late, so I think I may actually try & sort it for next season
    xx

2. 27th February 2011 / 8:20 pm

Ooo that blouse is beautiful – in fact, the whole outfit is! and love your new hair by the way πŸ™‚ x

3. 27th February 2011 / 8:22 pm

Your blouse is gorgeous Milly! I love the colour and it really suits you πŸ™‚ x

4. 27th February 2011 / 8:32 pm

Love the outfit.
    The shirt is such a nice colour. I love the jacket, looks really unique.

5. 27th February 2011 / 8:40 pm

such a gorgeous outfit. that shirt is stunning! x

6. 27th February 2011 / 8:43 pm

I love the blue as well! This blouse is lovely.

7. 27th February 2011 / 8:57 pm

Gorgeous colour, I tried the blouse on in NL but found the pocket sat really funny and just didn't flatter me, you on the other hand look gorgeous!
    Turban looks lovely on you to, glad you and Claire had fun.

xx

8. 27th February 2011 / 9:03 pm

I'm loving the sheer blouses in New Look at the moment, great outfit x

9. 27th February 2011 / 9:05 pm

you really can pull anything off Milly! β™₯

10. 27th February 2011 / 9:09 pm

That blue shirt is pure love…looks amazing!!! Love the whole look <3

11. 27th February 2011 / 9:12 pm

you are one handsome girl! πŸ˜‰ love this post, definitely going to be hitting up C&G with your discount. thankies! xo.
    gh0stparties.com

12. 27th February 2011 / 9:44 pm

Gorgey outfit missy, the amber tones and colbat blue look so nice. Those tones actually form part of the inspiration for my current styling project at Uni! Glad you had a lovely time at London Fashion Weekend, I didn't go this season as its been so hectic this month for me! xx

13. 27th February 2011 / 9:53 pm

The cobalt is gorgeous and I love the way you've styled it xx

14. 27th February 2011 / 10:12 pm

ahhh ive fallen for the blue shirt! can i steal it out of your wardrobe xx

15. 27th February 2011 / 10:39 pm

What a bright beautiful outfit! That blue really suits you and looks great! Amazing otufit xx

16. 27th February 2011 / 11:11 pm

I've been eyeing up the blue blouse recently, but i bought the coral one instead, may have to get the blue one too haha!
    Love the outfit, the blouse looks great on you πŸ™‚
    xx

17. 27th February 2011 / 11:57 pm

The colour of that shirt is so vibrant! I love it! Major envy that you got in to LFW, but glad you had a good time πŸ™‚

18. 28th February 2011 / 12:50 am

Gorgeous as always Milly!! xox

19. 28th February 2011 / 12:52 pm

Ok, might come across as ignorant or stupid, but what do you do at a fashion weekend? How is it different from the LFW? You look stunning, I love black skirts, they literally go with anything and everything! πŸ™‚

20. 28th February 2011 / 1:10 pm

thank you for all your lovely comments girls πŸ™‚

21. 28th February 2011 / 1:13 pm

@filipa – no no, not ignorant or stupid at all. London Fashion Weekend is a chance for the public to see a catwalk and experience the atmosphere of London Fashion Week. There are lots of lovely eateries and a load of designers, recognised and new, showcasing their collections. All garments are on sale, often for a good %off price. There is hair and make up stands, and a champagne bar. πŸ™‚ x

22. 28th February 2011 / 2:21 pm

Blue looks so HOT combined with the colour of your hair! Beautiful!

Love, Lena!

styleloverlena.blogspot.com

23. 28th February 2011 / 5:26 pm

Loving the green splash jacket from H&M and the cobalt blue very fashion forward πŸ˜‰

I wanted to visit London Fashion Weekend. In fact you actually explained how the whole thing works. I didn't realise fashion week was basically invite only then the weekend at the end was open up to the public.

I was actually in London this weekend just gone I went down with some friends but I didn't get chance to check it out and my friends aren't really into fashion.

I get lost in London too easily, I was constantly on google maps lol.

24. 28th February 2011 / 6:29 pm

You look absolutely beautiful! I saw this blouse in New Look the other week but was a little scared to buy it as I thought it seemed a little too bright for me, but you're making me want to buy it even more now, it looks gorgeous on you! xo

25. 1st March 2011 / 9:12 pm

I have that blouse too, I love the gold buttons! I love the way you have styled it.

26. 16th March 2011 / 6:46 pm

red hair + blue shirt = STUNNING! πŸ™‚ Love the hair color! Could you please tell me what hair color did you use?

27. 16th March 2011 / 8:02 pm

@ivanova.katrina – thanks for your comment. You will see a few posts back, I got my hair dyed at the hairdressers, so I don't know what shade it was i'm afraid.