Revlon ColorBurst lip butters

revlon lip butters

The berry shades from Revlon’s ColorBurst lip butters
£7.99 from Boots and Superdrug

Revlon’s ColorBurst lip butters* are a lovely middle ground between a lipstick and a balm. I know there are many similar products out on the market at the moment, masquerading as a lipstick-lip balm-hybrid, but I have to say that I am really impressed with these lip butters and particularly love the darker berry shades, ideal for the Autumn Winter. The consistency is soft and buttery (d’uh!) and really moisturises the lips whilst giving them a pop of colour. I expected them all to give me a very subtle wash of colour like 050 Berry Smoothie, which is muted and subtle, so I was pleasantly surprised when I applied the other two colours. 010 Raspberry Pie is absolutely gorgeous and definitely my favourite. It is a rich bluey-pink berry tone with a high gloss finish. With similar pigmentation, 096 macaroon is a darker, more ‘sensible’ pink with fine, golden shimmer running through it, making it almost appear coral in some lights. They are so easy to apply so are great for on the go, taking your makeup seamlessly from daytime to night. So much so that I think I already know which lipstick I’m going to be wearing for my work’s Christmas party tonight!

Are you a fan of Revlon’s lip butters? Which berry shade is your favourite?

1. 14th December 2012 / 1:25 pm

I got a bit too distracted by the balm stains and slightly ignored these, so I'm still waiting to try them out! Macaroon looks like a beautiful colour so hopefully I'll get my hands on that soon! xo

2. 14th December 2012 / 1:30 pm

such a beautiful colors ! i've never tried Revlon products but i always hear such a good things about their lip butters and foundations .. have to try it out

xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

3. 14th December 2012 / 2:34 pm

i love berry smoothie is a great color

4. 14th December 2012 / 2:44 pm

Love the Lip Butters! ♥ Raspberry Pie and Berry Smoothie I have, too. 🙂
    xx

5. 14th December 2012 / 2:50 pm

I Have Beryy Smoothie and I LOVE it! Raspberyy Pie Looks amazing…must try!

Great Post,

My Fashion/Beauty Blog.
    fruitytooty.blogspot.co.uk/

6. 14th December 2012 / 2:55 pm

I only own Strawberry Shortcake so far but love it to pieces! Really need to get my hands on almost all of them, raspberry pie looks amazing! xx

7. 14th December 2012 / 3:40 pm

I still haven't tried any of these because I read so many mixed reviews, but I think your post may have just persuaded me to get one 😛

S xx

8. 14th December 2012 / 4:11 pm

I love the Raspberry Pie one:)

thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

9. 14th December 2012 / 5:21 pm

I just recently purchased my first lip butters in bery smoothie and lollipop. Now that I saw your post I have to get macaroon as well, such a shame that rasberry one isn't avaliable in Slovenia. I would love to have it too 😀

10. 14th December 2012 / 6:51 pm

All 3 of these are gorgeous! 🙂
    Berry smoothie looks like my type of shade!

egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

11. 14th December 2012 / 7:14 pm

I'm gonna purchase Macaroon, it's a beautiful colour!
    X

12. 14th December 2012 / 8:24 pm

I can't believe I still haven't tried the Revlon lip butters. I adore 'Macaroon' so I might have to try that one out! xx

13. 15th December 2012 / 12:59 am

Great review there all lovely wan't to try them.

pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

14. 15th December 2012 / 4:09 pm

These look lovely, I've only got the Berry Smoothie one, but when I put it on it looks exactly like the Macaroon one!

15. 15th December 2012 / 4:24 pm

Fan! I have and love berry smoothie, i also have brown sugar and strawberry short cake but I am eyeing macaroon! Although I find the balm stains far better of course in staying power!

16. 15th December 2012 / 8:36 pm

Love the look of these-especially Berry smoothie!!

ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

17. 17th December 2012 / 8:24 pm

I need to restock on my lip butters, but I think I'll be getting these colours they are gorgeous x

18. 21st December 2012 / 7:41 am

And what else can be more important than the design cheap christmas gifts? Women love to look stylish and sexy. Designer handbags have these very elegant and timeless cheap rolex watches
    designs and prints. That is why women can't get enough of designer catier love, leather handbags and more designer bags. The famous designer down jackets like Coach, Fendi, and Hermes will go with many styles of outfits.

Ask any woman. Who doesn't want to possess an elegant designer discount gucci handbags? You really won't be surprised with the answers you'll get. Almost every woman dreams of owning chanel classic bag . Who wouldn't? Anne Hathaway has a Coach, Victoria Beckham has a hermes birkin kelly handbags , and Mischa Barton has a Chanel.