My Clinique mascara routine

High Impact Extreme Volume mascara*, 01 Extreme Black – £17
Bottom Lash mascara* – £11

I am always chopping and changing my mascara, and for my (makeup) sins I usually have about five on the go at once. Depending on the time and occasion, I always find myself reaching for a different one to suit my needs, whether I want to lengthen, add volume or keep it natural. My changeable lash routine however has hit a bit of a plateau recently as I have been picking up and pairing the same two mascaras for the past week or so. Quite a feat for me. And they both come from the same brand. Clinique’s new High Impact Extreme Volume mascara has moulded bristles which comb through the lashes, separating, stretching and lifting the lashes whilst giving them a little bit of volume and an intense colour. This mascara works best when layered a couple of times to give an almost fake-lash effect and perfectly fanned out lashes. I usually favour the soft bristles which really grab and define your lashes but I am surprisingly impressed with this mascara and it does exactly what it says on the tin tube.

For my bottom lashes I must confess that they usually get the same treatment as my top lashes, just with a slightly more delicate touch. However this Bottom Lash mascara from Clinique is such a nifty little product, I have been addicted to using it ever since I first tested it out. It boasts one of the smallest micro-mini brushes on the market, ideal for enhancing those little, hard to reach lashes, with a formula that resists smears and smudges. Part of me loves it purely because it is just so mini and cute, but the fact that it actually does a great job makes me love it even more. Yes it isn’t a completely necessary product,  but if you like to enhance your bottom lashes and find normal mascara a little too clumsy, then this little beauty is wonderful for a clinical, clean application.

What’s your current lash loves?

1. 9th December 2012 / 8:51 pm

Your lashes look lovely, It definitely makes me want to get the bottom lash mascara no matter how much I don't need it 🙂
    Rosalie x

rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk

2. 9th December 2012 / 9:06 pm

Love that your lashes look like they have mascara on without being clumpy or stuck together. Think that might be the perfect combo of mascara, definitely going to try out the Clinique bottom lash one.

3. 9th December 2012 / 9:08 pm

You lashes look INCREDIBLE! I have both of these and they haven't been getting any love – know what I'm using tomorrow!

4. 9th December 2012 / 9:14 pm

Love the High Impact Mascara! ♥
    xx

5. 9th December 2012 / 9:16 pm

Your lashes look amazing !

xx Liyana
    LiyanasAdvice.blogspot.com

6. 9th December 2012 / 10:26 pm

I have yet to try out the Clinique bottom lash mascara!
    I've heard such good things about it.
    I really love YSL shocking – a pricy pick but its well worth it of you feel the need to splurge!
    I also love maybelline falsies (I can't remember the exact name but its in a pink tube with lace design on the lid!) for everyday. A great affordable, drug store alternative. Xx

7. 9th December 2012 / 10:33 pm

Mustttt try these!!

8. 10th December 2012 / 12:13 am

Your lashes look amazing! I have put the bottom lash mascara on my xmas list this year! My fave mascara is Chanel Inimitable, i love the formula 🙂
    Anna x

onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

9. 10th December 2012 / 12:36 am

Your Lashes look beautiful in the photos! I haven't tried Clinique mascaras, but I'm tempted by the bottom lash mascara; I usually skip the bottom lashes since I'd hate to make a smudge when I'm in a rush.

10. 10th December 2012 / 12:41 am

I'm loving 'They're real' atm! I just bought my mum the bottom lash for Christmas though!

beautypupil.blogspot.com

11. 10th December 2012 / 1:41 am

I love the way your lashes look. I def need to purchase this mascara and do a product review on it.

12. 10th December 2012 / 3:57 am

Wow your lashes look great! I've tried the original High Impact mascara but found it a bit too wet and it didn't hold a curl well on me. How do you think the extreme version compares to the original?

xx Louise
    A Little Beauty Luxury

13. 10th December 2012 / 9:44 am

Looks gorgeous. I love your look, your hair and your skincolor together so pretty.

14. 10th December 2012 / 11:02 am

Where did you get that necklace from?

15. 10th December 2012 / 1:13 pm

I really want the bottom lash mascara, I just cant justify it at the moment though as I have to save for my wedding! It is acceptable to add makeup items to your wedding gift list? 😉

Leanne @ Leanne-marie.com xx

16. 10th December 2012 / 3:02 pm

Oh my gosh, the brush for that mascara looks amazing! I think that's going down on my list of things to try next year! Thanks for showing!

17. 10th December 2012 / 3:43 pm

Your lashes look amazing in this post! very tempted to pick this mascara up now ….

18. 10th December 2012 / 8:11 pm

I love a rubber wand as I find the teeth separate lashes really effectively. I'm also very tempted by the Bottom Lash, I do get tired of black smears under my eyes!

thoughtsfromanothergirl.blogspot.com

19. 11th December 2012 / 3:04 am

I've been wanting to try the bottom lash mascara for so long! Your eyelashes look amazing:) xx

20. 11th December 2012 / 5:13 am

Your lashes look amazing! I've always been curious to try the bottom mascara. I might have to try it for my corner lashes.

21. 11th December 2012 / 11:02 am

Cant believe I've only now stumbled across Pearls & Poodles! We have identical makeup & style tastes.. you could be my new girl crush, Milly!
    Need this Clinique mascara in my life, I've been toying with the idea of cheating on my beloved Maxfactor old-faithful for a little while..

Rachelle xo

22. 11th December 2012 / 8:14 pm

@leanne Marie – haha totally acceptable! 🙂

@sia – it is from Krystal London via Secret Sales

@Louise – I haven't tried the original but this one is still quite wet but dries quite glossy and the curl does hold.

23. 29th August 2013 / 1:02 pm

these look amazing, ive been on the look out for a good new mascara so ive been trawling internet reviews- think ive found my winner!

hannah bee